Hurricane Katrina & family stories

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

The Clermont Harbor House

A real emotional loss is the destruction of the house my grandfather, Pepere, built on the Mississippi gulf coast. Clermont Harbor is between Slidell and Bay St. Louis near Waveland. It is sadly in ruins now. I have real emotional ties to that one; it's where I spent most of my childhood vacations. It was our beach vacation house on the gulf coast for many years. All my early fishing experiences came from there. My brother Paul and I had a Polaroid picture taken and posted at the local country store of us holding a huge flounder; Pepere gigged it the night before with us boys. I have memories of my grandmother, Memere, and my mom letting me have my first guitar with the raffle money Memere had won; the little country Post Office where we'd go check for mail; the snowball stands near the beach; the night fishing and bon-fires on the beach! Wow, I’ll miss it!

Kurt LeBlanc

I'd be interested in other family members' insights and memories if you're so inclined.

1 Comments:

Blogger klebanc said...

This is a test comment

4:16 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home